Let an Alpharetta Car Accident Attorney Manage Your Claim
When dealing with the aftermath of a car accident, it is important to have help. Managing everything isn’t easy, and it can be made even more difficult by insurance companies and repair shops that don’t have your best interests in mind. An Alpharetta car accident lawyer can deal with these companies for you, and a lawyer can help make sure you receive the financial compensation you deserve.
Amber Gilormo is an Alpharetta car accident attorney who is passionate about protecting her Alpharetta clients. She has helped her clients recover millions of dollars in financial compensation. If you’ve been injured, Amber can explain everything you need to know, and she can use her experience to make sure no one takes advantage of you.
Common Accidents That Drivers Face
There are many circumstances in which car accident victims can recover financial compensation under Georgia law. Some of the most common grounds for seeking financial compensation after a car accident include:
- Driver Negligence – This includes all types of driving mistakes, from driving while drunk or high to running red lights and falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Vehicle Defects and Maintenance Issues – Some types of vehicle defects and maintenance issues can lead to accidents (i.e., defective brakes or a faulty brake job), while others can lead to serious accident-related injuries (i.e., defective seatbelts or airbags).
- Road Defects and Maintenance Issues – Road defects and maintenance issues can create extremely dangerous situations, and they will often lead to claims against government agencies and contractors.
- Negligent Entrustment or Vicarious Liability – Was the driver who hit you working at the time of the crash? If so, you may have a claim against his or her employer.
- Dram Shop Liability – Under Georgia’s dram shop law, establishments can face liability for drunk driving accidents when they serve underage or visibly intoxicated individuals.
What to Do After an Alpharetta Auto Accident
To seek financial compensation for your car accident, there are some steps you will need to take promptly. These steps include:
- Seek Medical Attention – If you have not yet seen a doctor about your injuries, you should do so right away.
- File an Insurance Claim – You will need to file a claim with your insurance company. But, when doing so, make sure you don’t say anything that could jeopardize your rights.
- Take Notes and Keep Records – Take detailed notes about the accident, and get in the habit of keeping all records related to your accident or your injuries.
- Be Careful – Take care of yourself, keep the details of your accident to yourself, and don’t say or do anything that could make it more difficult to recover your losses.
- Talk to an Alpharetta Accident Lawyer – The best thing you can do to protect yourself is to speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Damages Available for Accident Victims
If you were injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, you are entitled to financial compensation under Georgia law. While the amount you can recover will depend on your unique personal circumstances, the types of losses car accident victims can typically recover include:
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Prescription costs
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When you choose us for your case, you will work one-on-one with experienced Alpharetta car accident lawyer Amber Gilormo. Amber will calculate the amount you are entitled to recover in each of the categories listed above and use her experience to seek just compensation on your behalf.
What if you were partially at fault in the accident? While you should never assume this is the case, you could still be entitled to partial compensation if you were partially at fault. Georgia law allows car accident victims to file claims as long as they are not more than 50 percent at fault for their own injuries.
To recover your losses, your Alpharetta accident attorney will first need to determine who is liable. While the other driver might be responsible, there are other possibilities as well. After conducting a thorough investigation, your lawyer will be able to file your claim, calculate your losses, and help you decide whether to accept a settlement or take your case to court.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer Amber Gilormo
As a car accident victim, you may be entitled to financial compensation. But, this does not mean that recovering financial compensation will be easy. In fact, the insurance companies will make it far more difficult than it should be. The good news is that help is available, and you can recover your losses with an experienced Alpharetta car accident attorney on your side.
Contact us 24/7 for a free, no-obligation consultation. Call 770-343-7101 or request an appointment online to speak with Amber as soon as possible.