Adding a new animal to the family is a big decision, but one full of excitement and happiness. Of course, with any big decision, it is important to consider the risks involved as well. Knowing what legal considerations a lawyer looks for in animal attack cases can help you make the best decision for your family, and will assist you in taking proper precautions to keep yourself, your children and others safe. Considering how an Atlanta dog bite lawyer may assess a possible claim is a good way to evaluate the options available to you when making this decision to purchasing a new pet.
Practical Considerations of Adding a New Pet to the Family
After family discussions and research, selecting the right pet is a big moment for your family. However, finding the right fit for your family can take some time. Not only do you have to select the right personality mix for your household, but you should also select an animal that will be compatible with your lifestyle. Some questions to ask before bringing an animal into your home include:
- Does this animal’s required companionship level match the time and attention you are able to provide? Some animals prefer time alone from their humans, while others cling to their humans throughout the day. Some types of animals and certain breeds are more inclined to certain companionship traits.
- Does your schedule allow for socialization and exercise for the animal? It is important for the health of your new pet to properly allow them for exercise, socialization, and mental stimulation.
- Does your home have the appropriate space for the animal? This could mean plenty of outdoor space for larger animals to run, or a dedicated space set aside for your new animal to retreat when needing rest or peace.
- Does the animal get along with others? This could mean getting along with other animals already in the home or being able to comfortably exist in an environment with children or elderly family members. Not all animals tolerate children well, and some animals are too active around elderly family members.
- Are there any local ordinances regarding keeping certain types of animals in or around your home? Being aware of local rules can help you take the necessary precautions.
What to Do If a Dog Bite Occurs: Tips from an Atlanta Animal Attack Attorney
If you or a loved one suffer from a dog bite, it is important to act quickly. Attending to your medical needs first is most important to begin the recovery process. In some cases, a severe animal attack can have a lasting impact on a victim physically, emotionally, and financially.
Work with an Atlanta dog bite lawyer who will be able to make sure you do not miss any filing deadlines and will build your case based on the facts. Many animal owners try to beat a case against them by making counter-arguments to the basic elements of the claim, like trespassing or provoking the animal. It is important to make note of all the details of an animal attack so that your claim can be organized from the outset. At Gilormo Injury Law, we can preserve your claim and fight for your recovery from a dog bite or other animal attack.
Speak to Gilormo Injury Law As Soon As Possible
If you or a loved one suffered a dog bite or other animal injury, contact Gilormo Injury Law. You can complete the online form or call 770-343-7101 to discuss your dog bite case today with top Atlanta personal injury attorneys. We have an office in Alpharetta and Cumming for your convenience.