Hurt in an Accident? Speak to a Roswell Personal Injury Attorney
A serious injury can have a significant impact on your day-to-day life. Whether it’s only temporary or results in a permanent disability, you could be facing extensive medical treatment and loss of income. If your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation with the help of a Roswell personal injury attorney. At Gilormo Injury Law, we help people get the compensation they deserve so that they can get back on their feet.
About Child Injuries in Roswell
We know how difficult it can be if your child has been injured. We have experience working with families to help their child make a full recovery in the following types of cases:
- Injuries suffered at daycare facilities schools
- Sports injuries
- Children injured by motor vehicles while walking or biking
- Children injured in car accidents
When a child suffers an injury, there are special factors that need to be considered. They may require unique treatments to prevent life-long injuries. In severe cases, they may suffer a disability that will limit their ability to work and enjoy a normal life. In addition, you may need to take time off from work or leave your career in order to provide the care you need. An experienced Roswell child injury attorney can help you get the compensation you need to provide the future they deserve.
How a Roswell Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Build Your Case
Your first concern is making a full recovery when you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury. As a result, it can be overwhelming to deal with insurance companies and document your claim. Unfortunately, the days and weeks following your accident are critical if you need to pursue compensation. Here are some of the ways that a Roswell personal injury lawyer can help:
- Your lawyer can compile all of the documentation you will need: medical bills and records, accident reports, and witness statements.
- Your lawyer can help you calculate your lost income as a result of the accident, which can often include amounts in addition to your lost wages.
- Your lawyer can speak to the opposing party and insurance company representatives on your behalf, as well as any other parties related to your accident.
No matter how obvious it may be that the other party is responsible for your accident, you still have to prove your case. Your lawyer can focus on collecting the evidence critical to your claim so that you can focus on getting better.
Damages Your Roswell Personal Injury Lawyer May Pursue
If you’ve suffered a serious injury, your losses could extend far beyond the medical bills you’ve accumulated to date. Unfortunately, many non-lawyers underestimate what their injuries will cost. Under the law, you are entitled to be made whole, which means you are entitled to compensation for all of your losses. The total value of your claim will include the following components:
- Your medical expenses, especially any uncovered expenses such as deductibles and copays.
- Any and all lost income, such as lost wages, because you were unable to work due to your injury or had to take time off to receive medical treatment.
- Any other expenses caused by the accident such as accommodations to your home or increased transportation costs because you cannot drive.
- Pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of your injuries.
Pain and suffering is the most difficult of these components for non-lawyers to calculate because there are no bills that you can refer to. Instead, damages awarded for pain and suffering attempt to compensate you for the physical pain and mental anguish caused by your accident. Georgia does not limit the amount you can seek for pain and suffering and does not mandate you use a specific formula. However, we recommend that you consult with an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer to formulate your claim to ensure the best possible recovery.
Injured? Call Lawyer Amber Gilormo Today
At Gilormo Injury Law, we understand the challenges families face when someone gets injured. A serious injury can change your life forever, leaving you unable to work, pay your bills, or take care of yourself or your family. We provide dedicated and compassionate legal representation to accident victims so that they can get the compensation they need to rebuild their lives. If you’ve suffered an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call us at 770-343-7101 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with someone who cares.